A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

What a day!!!!

My day started with me not hearing the first 3 alarms on my cell phone (I usually set about 4 alarms), but I still made it up in time to at least get a little done before leaving for my babysitting job.  While I was writing in my journal this morning I was pretty distracted by the kids in my neighbors yard that were distracting both pups and my cat Lacy.  At one point I was watching Memphis through the crack in the open door and I decided I would try and take his picture without him knowing.  I managed a couple of cute shots....





After I tried to get back to writing, I started to have a conversation with my cat, Lacy and she was listening so well, that I took her picture as well.



Now Vegas is a bit of a model.  She always has the perfect pose and adores the camera.  She really is Memphis' opposite in every way.  She heard me taking pictures, so of course she wanted her picture taken as well.  One shot and it is as cute as can be.




I left for babysitting with not a second to spare.  My kiddos today were a pair of sisters I have watched for two years.  I thought today would be pretty easy because I would be there during nap time and we would probably only have a hour of play time before their grandmother came to get them.  Luck was not on my side.  While the younger one did sleep most of that time, the older one didn't, but she still had to be quiet until her sister woke up.  I spent about 2 hours watching Barbie movies and being asked "Why" every few seconds.  She is lucky she is so adorable.  One time during the afternoon I went downstairs to check on their dogs.  ~~The dogs are still young and one is huge so they tend to get into things.  Normally they are not inside but they were already inside when I got there.~~  I was a little worried at first because I could not find them and then I turned the corner and saw this.  Now the little one has his own kennel but I guess they just love each other too much to sleep alone.



The last part of day was the part I had been excited to get done.  I have had a leak in my shower for the last week.  However my dad is away for two weeks and could not come help me fix it.  Not only was the sound driving me crazy but it was wasting a lot of water and I could not figure out what to do with the water since it is soften water and cannot be used on the plants. 

After talking with my dad a couple days ago he told me he thought the cartridge needed replaced but you need a special tool to do that.  My mom brought me the tool when I met her for dinner Thursday and tonight I picked up the new cartridge.  My next step was to call my dad and he talked me through replacing the cartridge.  I messed up once and ended up soaked but after that I managed to get the shower fixed.  Finally no more leaky shower and for the most part I did it myself.  Here is the old cartridge in case you don't know what it I am talking about. 


The joys of home ownership!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment