A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Friday, March 9, 2012

SNAKES!!!

Last night I had the worse night.  It took hours to fall asleep and then once I did every dream had snakes and it was like a weird timeline of snakes.  The first dream they were HUGE rattlers, the next dream they were small but still very poisonous snakes, the next dream they were mostly dead snakes with a occasional one being alive, then the last dream they were all dead snakes and I was walking over them like nothing happened.

 I am grossed out by snakes, except when they are behind glass in a zoo, then I think they are kind of cute.  I found the dreams pretty disturbing and have not been able to let go of them all day.  I thought maybe if I wrote on Facebook about it I would feel better, kind of like telling someone a bad dream.  It only made me more paranoid. 

Snake dreams generally have a evil or bad meaning.  My dream dictionary had descriptions that meant nothing to what was happening in my dream.  Since I had to babysit and could not stay inside and hide out, I decided to be prepared and wore my tiger's eye stones (they are for protection); I was also a extra cautious. 

Babysitting went fine.  The kids helped me forget about things and focus on them instead.  Then after I put the kids to bed I wrote in my journal (which I brought just in case I had a second to write).  It helped the most because I started to work out that maybe the dream meant that I have survived ever increasing obstacles over the last years and the obstacles are going away (the dead snakes).  After thinking of the dreams that way and now writing that out twice I feel so much better.  I hope I can sleep tonight like a normal person.  It would be a shame to waste another perfect rainy cold night on insomnia and bad dreams. 

~~~ Or this could all be that I was uneasy prior to going to bed and just so happened to read a old pioneer woman post about a snake (it include pictures).  It could even be a little dread that while I desperately want to live in the country, in the middle of nowhere, it would mean having to deal with snakes.~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment