A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Monday, March 5, 2012

RIP Cute Brown Shoes

I got some cute brown heels at Goodwill over Christmas.  I wore them for the first time the other day, out to the library, to see how well they did on my feet.  They were perfect, no blisters, my feet did not hurt, and they looked cute.  I only put my shoes up once a week, when I get tired of them on my bedroom floor, usually the same day I sort laundry.  I was sorting laundry and looked down and realized something was wrong with the shoes.  They honestly looked like my old worn out pair of flats in the heel region.  When I picked it up I saw teeth marks, and there are two animals in my house that love shoes.  My cat Lacy, leaves teeth marks in shoes but she only does damage the you can see up close and prefers flip flops to heels.  My pup, Memphis destroyed a croc sandal right after I got him, to the point I had trouble identifying the shoe.  He also chewed a house slipper up the day I bought it, but again only a couple months after I got him. 

I pretty much know Memphis is responsible for this:



He hates it when I am gone in the evenings, if I left while it was still light. 
He has also destroyed blinds, robes, his leash hook, and one leash.  He also has a tendency to get so into sucking on something that he unintentionally causes damage.  I have a couple of towels, a book, and a pillow that can speak for that habit.

But I can never stay mad at him when he looks at me like this, just seconds before I left for my babysitting job yesterday.



No comments:

Post a Comment