A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Time to recommend a couple of great reads!!!!

I am hardly ever without a book.  I either have one of my ebook readers or a book with me 24/7.  When I babysit I make sure I have a couple books, because sometimes you get a fair amount of down time.  This past weekend I read two books I had checked out from the local library.  The first one is:


This book was pretty sweet, but it started just a tad slow.  I actually considered putting it away after the first chapter but since I was babysitting and the kids were asleep, I just kept reading.  I am glad I did, because it was a heartwarming and empowering story about a woman that is going through a divorce and leaves New York to return home to Texas.  It follows her troubles of now being a single woman with three teenage sons and trying not to fall for her high school crush.  My favorite character was actually her older brother who was a pretty perfect example of what a man should be like.

The second book is:

I was also unsure of this book, since I suspected it was a Christian Romance novel and I am not a huge fan of Christian Romance novels.  I was right it is a CRN novel but it was really sweet.  I loved how the main theme of the book was about forgiveness and not letting your reputation being all that guides you.  The main two characters are a librarian and a blacksmith and it is set in central Texas.  It had just the right amount of drama and romance.  This book I had to wait to read because I started it while my kiddos were watching Bee Movie and I just did not want to see that again, so I pulled out a book to read while they watched.  However I take babysitting seriously and it was hard to focus on reading while making sure they were okay as well (they are sisters and I as a part of a pair of sisters as well I know what can happen in the blink of a eye).  Which meant that in the end I was reading it after I got home and it caused me to stay up WAY to late because I could not put it down.


Tonight I am reading a book I found on the shelf in my closet.  I am not positive but I think I bought it sometime during the year of my first teaching job (nearly five years ago).  I have two small shelves of books to get through and most of the books I have owned for two years or more.

I actually started tonight's book while watching the fifth season of Big Love.  I like the series well enough, but I actually liked it more the first couple seasons.  Now I find it boring and I spend most episodes mad at the main characters.  It makes great background noise for reading though.

No comments:

Post a Comment