A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Monday, March 12, 2012

A Walk in the Park

Today I took pictures at different spots on my walk with the dogs.  I will walk you through it. (Ha-ha walk you through a walk)

First we get leashes on inside the car.  Memphis jumps out first and we greet Poco, the donkey.



Then we get Vegas out of the backseat of my car and get her leashed.

Now we can start out walk.



The park we visit use to be a pecan orchard and is full of 100+ year old pecan trees.  They make up the first part of the trail.




All along the cement portion of the trail our animal prints.  They are made to look like the animals wandered across the trail while it was still wet cement.  However when my sister visited she commented on the raccoon prints not being natural and I believe from one foot.  They are still fun though.




After the cement trail is a gravel trail, which the park lets grow wild.  It has tall grass on each side, so I have a rule that the dogs are not allowed to leave the trail.  You never know what could be lurking, in tall grass.



Next you cross a long bridge that has several streams that flow from the pond in the center of the park to the creek below the park.  This is Memphis' favorite part of the walk.

 

 Next is the little old bridge.  Today for the first time I read the date for when it was built (I think it says April 14, 1946).  That means this bridge was built prior to it being a park.



The pond is in the center of the park.  There are usually ducks and turtles in the pond.  This spot I think had a turtle but it disappeared when I started talking to Memphis and Vegas.


 There are certain parts in the park that on really quiet days, when the park is empty, I swear you can hear and see the ghosts of the past.  This is one of those spots.


Can't you just picture people working in the fields, maybe sitting around a campfire or kids climbing the trees.


I adore this stump and would love to go count the rings, but the grass is so tall that I am afraid what maybe lurking in it.  This is also the field where I saw the armadillo during the fall.  




We are back on cement and the dogs are worn out, so I thought it was a good time for a picture break.  Memphis' tounge sticking out is so adorable and Vegas just wanted to keep walking.  We were near the playground and Vegas hates when kids are screaming.  She was very brave and walked by them but she nearly ran when she knew she was clear.




More footprints, but these footprints confuse me.  Most the tracks are animals but these look human like or primate like.



Before jumping back in the car, I took both dogs over to greet Poco, the donkey again.  Memphis loves Poco but goes at him a bit fast.  This is Vegas and you can't tell but she has put on the breaks and is not going near Poco.  Memphis on the other hand became camera shy.




Bye Poco!!! See you soon!!!



Then he started to bray, which sounds so painful.  I wish they would get him some company.

Well I hope you enjoyed joining us on our walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment