A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Changing things up

This past week I have gotten ready to make some changes to the decor in my house.  It all started with the desire to change out my sunset pictures with some of the wild flower pictures I had taken.  I thought they would help represent a new beginning.  I am all about Feng Shui and using pictures to help brings things to happen.  So I changed out the sunset pictures for pictures of spring.  I am now thinking of adding another picture collage frame to the hall, so that I can have more family pictures hanging up.


In my master bathroom I have had a picture of the aurora borealis for the last several years.  I liked the picture but it never really fit in with everything else in there.  Most of the room is decorated with ornate objects and this picture was in a very simple black frame, glued in since the frame had trouble staying together.  I loved my sunset pictures from the trip to Llano over Spring Break so I chose one of them to replace the Alaska picture.  Since I ended up just moving the Alaska picture to my front hall, I got a new frame for this picture.  I decided to choose something that would compliment my sunset picture and fit in with everything else.  Hobby Lobby has such great frame sales.


I also chose to have prints made of a couple of favorite western pictures I had saved on my computer, though I did not know what I was going to do with them.  Originally I was thinking of framing them for my office or to go around my closet door.  Then I found these very cheap wooden frames from Ikea.  They are suppose to be plain so that you can decorate them any way you choose but I liked the simplicity of the wood, especially with western pictures.  After they were framed I went around the house trying to find a place for them and decided to have them across the top of my closet above my shoes.  I have decorated my entire closet with items I love that don't really fit anywhere else.  It is probably one of my favorite rooms in the house.


Next up I am getting started on some serious Spring cleaning and organizing.  I already got started by organizing under the master bathroom sinks.  I also found a light for above the master bathroom sinks while checking out the Habitat Restore.  I purchased a couple lights from them last spring when I began to replace the lights around my entire house.  The only area I did not get done was the master bath and bedroom, mainly because I could not find lights I liked and could afford.  This light needs cleaned up a bit, but is the perfect size for the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment