A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Grossed Out

I was just out watering my grass and as I was turning on the water I noticed a bright orange substance in my lilies.  I thought it looked like one of the dogs had been sick but as I tried to wash it away I noticed a square of what looked like gray fur.  Plus it is not washing away. 

A couple of days ago I noticed gray fur or feathers in the far corner of the flower bed but could not identify what it may be, so I left it alone.  After seeing this orange mass I looked farther down and notice that the other furry mass was a dead bird (yet again, I already removed one dead bird from the flower bed a couple of weeks ago).  The flower bed smells a bit from the orange stuff, but it is faint.  My best guess is that the previous owners buried a pet in that flower bed and part of it may be pushing up.

I am now completely grossed out though and don't want to bother taking care of either the dead bird or the orange mass today.  However trash gets picked up tomorrow and I probably should buckle down and just take care of it now.  Then again I do need to add mulch so I may just mulch over it.  I want the lilies to start covering the bed though, I am sick of finding things inside that flower bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment