A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Babysitting Weekend is OVER!!!!

Over the last three days of babysitting I have:

--Watched 6 Barbie movies (I will be re-watching one so I can focus, it was pretty cute)
--Watched 1 Other movie with one of my favorite kiddos (Nim's Island ~ a awesome movie for older elementary kids)
--Put kiddos in timeout 4 times but threatened it many many more times
--Played dress-up, Barbies, trains, and Rapunzel
--Was asked by one persistent little girl if I would play: Ariel's Father, Gothal (from Barbie's Rapunzel), the Bad person, the witch, the Big Sister, the Prince, and a fellow princess
--Spent two hours pushing 2 little girls on the swing
--Spent one hour telling one little girl to stop picking up tools in the backyard (her dad is putting together a play scape for her birthday).
--Changed a few diapers
--Been sneezed and coughed on
--Been pinched, kicked, scratched, and hit


Despite all of that I have had a great three days.  I also now adore Barbie movies, they make me feel like a little kid again.  The weekend was perfect for this particular weekend.  Yesterday marked one year since I was in a reduction in force.  I had been trying to figure out what I would do for the last month.  I was worried I would be upset, so I originally was planning to head to the movies or spend the day wandering around the mall.  I figured that would help keep my mind off things.  However babysitting was perfect because it hit me while I was writing this that the 3rd has already passed and I did not even remember.  Pretty cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment