A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chores, Chores, Chores

So I really liked the current coffee I am trying and I did something I never do.  I drank a second cup.  It is amazing the energy I had, in five hours, I did chores I have been putting off for the last couple of weeks.

First up was watching Pretty Little Liars from last night while I ate breakfast.  I also started washing the bedding from my room. 

The second chore I accomplished was ironing the 4 shirts that had been in my closet for the last month waiting to be ironed.  I was saving up till I had more than two to iron.

While ironing I watched the news and they mentioned rain later this week, so I decided to go ahead and take care of some yard chores.

First yard chore was raking the leaves from my live oak tree.  I hate that tree for two reasons.  One is that a snake was in my yard last spring and he disappeared into the tree.  I HATE snakes.  I will tell you the story another time. The second reason is that the leaves are so hard to rake and just like last year that day I decided to rake was also a windy day.  But in the end I filled up my Huge trashcan of leaves and the crazy part is while I got a bunch of them, there is still a lot in my front yard.

I just hope the city will accept them this way and not in bags.  Cross your fingers, I am going to check in a second.

The next yard chore was throwing out seed for the spots that had trouble last summer.  This chore should have been easy but every time I got ready to throw seed the wind would pick up and take it away.

The last chore I needed to complete was spraying weed and feed all over the front yard.  I did the backyard yesterday and already noticed a difference.  Yet again the wind made this easy chore more complicated.  I also got a little scare.  I have always been worried that I would find some animal inside my hose containers.  However it was just a cute lizard, who got to go for a ride while I took out the hose.

After cleaning up from those yard chores I came in and put my rugs on to wash.  Washing the rugs made me finally vacuum the living room and I decided to not just vacuum the floor I could see, but also move the couches and vacuum under them as well.  While vacuum under my longer couch I noticed these little footprints on the shelf under my end table.



I suspect this innocent looking soul is the one behind the footprints.  The end table sits in her corner of the living room.  Where the mud came from I have no idea.


The last chore was to finish the laundry and in a few minutes I will finish making my bed.  I probably wont get the rugs down till this evening, but overall it has been a very productive five hours.

Now I have a few minutes to put myself together and head to the grocery store and library before I head on to babysitting this evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment