A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Forward

Tonight was babysitting and it is a good thing I tend to rely on my cell for the time because I had been up a couple hours before I remembered that the time changed.  The group I babysat for this evening does dinner with the life group.  The dinner is always really good.  Tonight was Tex-Mex and it was really yummy.  I tend to sit with all the kids while I eat, which makes for a entertaining meal.  Tonight one of the little girls was in a mimic phase and was repeating everyone at the table. 

When I first got the the house this evening I got to talking with a couple of the life group members about the RIF.  I have only spoken to a couple of people at the church about it, despite everyone knowing (I'm on the prayer list).  I was proud of how even I was able to keep my voice while talking about it.  It has been over a year and while I have spoken about it several times, it is still not something I am completely comfortable talking about, especially with people I don't know well.  However I know everyone in this group is on my side and only wishes the best for me, even if it means losing me as their sitter. 

The evening wrapped up with a Barbie movie to the joy of the little girls and the horror of my teenage boy co-sitter. Although I do think he enjoyed the movie once he got past the Barbie aspect, but I find most boys do.  The movie was Barbie in a Mermaid Tale, probably one of the better movies.  The main song is catchy and I convinces the kids to dance to it and even danced a bit with them.  I may be shy and serious around adults but with kids I am a complete goof.

One a side note~~I think having the sun out today, helped with my entire outlook on life.  The sun is gone but now I have the glorious stars to view and that is my favorite part anyway.  I defiantly feel lighter and like sleep will be easier tonight.  I hope for a night of no dreams, because while I have not had any scary dreams, I have had weird dreams.  Even good dreams are not great because then I want to sleep in and keep them going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment