A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

I HATE being sick!!!

When I get sick I am sick for at least a few days and then I have a cough for at least a week afterwards.  I had planned to do some Spring Cleaning this week, on top of babysitting and job searches.  I got in the job searches but ended up not making it to babysitting and only getting a couple of chores done. 

Today I woke up feeling pretty good so I thought I would take care of a few chores.  However my brain was not functioning fully and I spent a few minutes this morning just standing in the kitchen trying to figure out what to do first.  When I finally left the house I only made it to the end of the street before I had to turn around because I remembered I was going to take the gas can.  It turned out the gas can was full, I had forgotten I filled it up in late summer.  I left again and made it almost to the light when I started to wonder whether or not I had shut the garage door, so I turned around again.  After driving past and seeing that yes I had shut the garage door, I was finally able to start errands.  I picked up my reserved books from the library first, and then headed out to get groceries.  My fridge, freezer and pantry had gotten pretty bare.  The pantry was mostly because I checked expiration dates and had quite a bit that had expired.  I was doing pretty well and then the coughing started, loud coughing.  I finished up and left fully intending to spend the rest of the day resting at home. 

When I got home I had so much energy that I decided to attempt mowing my front lawn.  It really needed it (so does the back but I knew one was enough for the day).  I am proud of myself because not only did I manage it but I don't think it made the cough worse (I have Reactive Airway Disease and anything can set it off).  Normally working in the yard would be all I do before settling in for the evening but I then decided to bath both dogs and Lacy.  Lacy was not going to get a bath, since she got one before Spring Break, but she snuck outside while at my parents' house, so I knew she had pollen on her as well.  After taking care of the pets I was still wired so I dusted and vacuumed my bedroom.  I know I will sleep great tonight, just from the fact of knowing I got all these things done that got put off by me being sick. 

Now I just have to get through tomorrow.  Tomorrow is my babysitting job, that I adore and it is also the date of a (UN)HOA meeting.  We have a poor excuse for a HOA board and we are now working hard to get a new board put into place.  This meeting is to inform the homeowners what has been going with the board.  It could be full of drama and threats of lawsuits (should the board show up).  I will have to leave it early but it will be interesting to see how everything goes.  There is even talk of inviting people from the local media. 

It is time to sign off for the evening.  I am watching Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, which I have just realized I have never seen from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment