A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Look What I Found

I was getting ready to head to bed, when I remembered I wanted to check the front porch to see if I had any HOA letters or whatever.  I usually try to check the front porch at least once a day, since I normally come and go from the garage.  I opened the door and saw something moving on the ground out of the corner and my eye.  While I hoped to God it was a earthworm, I knew it was much to long and thin to be a earthworm.  It was a baby snake!!!



This completely creeps me out and I wish I lived with someone that would have no problem going out there and removing it.  Yes I know I will probably never see it again and yes I know this kind is probably one of the "good" ones (in my book they are only good behind glass).  What would be this baby snakes predator and I will encourage that animal to hang out near my house?  Raccoons, opossums, cats, birds, large lizards, toads (I include the last two because those already live near my front porch)?????  Right now I am looking up what it may be, I am thinking some kind of rat snake, since that is what was found living in my tree last spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment