A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Before the Storm


I was originally going to leave my parent's house after seeing my sister when she got in Monday afternoon. This year our Spring Breaks were on different weeks. However my mom invited me to stay for dinner and since I have never had trouble driving at night I agreed to stay. While my sister and her friend napped during the afternoon I took pictures of the pets.


This is my old cat, Oliver. He is named for the the kitten in Oliver and Company.  However, he no longer claims me, since my dad saved his life as a kitten.

My sister brought her two pets with her, this is her dog, my nephew, Thatcher.  I actually call him Nephew and he gives great hugs.


Then Vegas saw the camera and gave me this look that said "I am over here, Mom!"



Then my mom's dog, Daisy, she wanted me to focus on her for a bit as well.  Daisy is cute and not camera shy but she tends to get distracted easily so I am glad I got some pictures.



Now this is amazing.  Vegas and Daisy, who are both puppy mill mamas, do not get along at all.  However most of my visit they were both well behaved and I think Vegas only growled once.  Here they are sharing a couch.  Vegas usually prefers a couch to herself, so I am proud she was willing to share.


We also had our family friends' two dogs hanging out with us.  This one is Cyrus, he loves toys.



Then I got distracted watching, Frozen Planet. I loved learning about the Tundra in school so I enjoyed watching it. When it was over I figured that since my sister and mom were not in the room, I could watch my normal local news (they object to the station). The second I turned it on they were talking about the preparations being made for a horrible storm that was heading directly for the hill country. I convinced everyone it was time to leave for dinner so I could get home before the storm. I left at 7:20 and was fine for the first 40 minutes and then hit horrible rain and hail. I spent the next 40 minutes driving slow with the windshield wipers on high and straining to see more than a few feet in front of me. I knew I could not wait this storm out. The last 30 minutes I managed to get ahead of the storm again. The rain was crazy after I got home. I ended up staying up till 4:00AM, while I waited for the storm to calm down. When I woke up this morning I expected to see tree limbs down, chairs blown over, flooding, or the fence blown over, but everything was where it should be and I had 3 inches of rain. It made for a pretty good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment