A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Backyard Photos

While I waited for my sister to arrive Monday, I went around my parents' yard and took pictures.  They live on three acres in the country and this is a good year for flowers, but it is Texas and you never know how long it will last.  So I decided to take tons of pictures.  Everything was so lush and pretty.  The first pictures I tried to get, were of these pretty black and orange butterflies. 



Then there are the pretty clovers (I know they have another name, but I call them clovers).



I hid behind a tree in order to get this picture of Memphis.  When I tried to move closer, he ran.


Pretty little yellow flowers



The vine growing on the side of their house.  I am not a plant person, so I never can remember names.





Beside my parents' house there is a island that we made into a memory garden.  The garden contains a stone for each of our beloved pets that have passed. 



This is our old poodle, Dusty's stone.  He was 17 years old when he passed away.  We got him when I was in kidergarten and he died my senior year of college.  I called him baby brother.




Climbing on the tree in the memory garden there are roses.  This is the first bloom beginning to open.



I loved these little yellow flowers and then my mom mowed them because they will create stickers.


This is from the vine growing on the fence.  These plants really struggled to take off but they are doing really well this year.


In the far back of my parents' house is a field of yellow flowers, beyond them are our neighbors horses.  We visited those horses at Chrsitmas but the flowers are so tall I was not willing to venture into them.



I had to take a picture of my favorite weed.  I love the little heart shaped leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment