A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

The reason I have not blogged in awhile

About 1.5 weeks ago I got it into my head that I was ready to paint all the trim throughout my entire house (well except for the two carpeted rooms).  I would start painting the second I woke up each day and paint until I had to leave for babysitting.  Then I would come home and paint until I was too tired to continue.  Here are some pictures of the chaos from the last week.


First up is the door staging area.  I was able to paint three doors at a time and I still have three doors left to do at some point this week.


My entire house has brushed nickel hardware now, so I painted all the hinges to match.



The living room and kitchen was like working a puzzle.  I would move things, then clean and paint, and then move them back so that I could move furniture from the next area.  I am glad I did it though, not just for the painting but to clean behind and under all the furniture.  I had not cleaned behind one of the bookcases since moving in and it really needed cleaned.  I also got the Easter decor put away and had my plants placed outside for Spring.  The living room looks less crowded now.


In the end I finished painting all the trim on Thursday while doing lots of other chores as well.  Everything looks great though.  The color is nearly the same, it is just brighter and makes everything look fresh.  I used frog tape around all the trim and that tape is incredible.  Everything has such a clean line when you pull the tape off.



Now I just need to paint the three doors in the master bedroom and see about fixing a possible leak that I noticed outside my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment