A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Popcorn and a Sweet Tooth.

I am not a huge fan of popcorn, but a couple of years ago I learned to make popcorn on the stove, so that I could teach my students.  We also taught them to make different kinds of popcorn by adding various seasonings.  One of the easy ones to make is cinnamon and sugar popcorn.  Normally you make it in the oven but that takes too long so I keep cinnamon and sugar in a canister together so that it is always ready to sprinkle of a bowl of popcorn. 

Tonight I made a bigger batch then I normally make (about 1/4c of kernels, instead of the normal 1/8c), so that I could have a sweet bowl and a salty bowl. 

I ate the sweet bowl first but I shared a couple pieces with my two pups.  Memphis is not crazy about popcorn but Vegas loves popcorn, especially the sweet kind, which she is rarely allowed to have.  Tonight I was only going to give her one or two pieces that looked like they had very little sugar on them.  The rest of the time I was eating the bowl I had Vegas sitting beside me trying to get my attention so I would give her more.  My dogs are not huge beggars since I won't let them eat much in the way of people food (mainly because I don't want food to get stuck in Vegas' fur), because of that Vegas had to get creative to get my attention.  Soulful puppy dog eyes just don't cut it, if I am not even looking in that direction.  Tonight her tactic was to give me surprise kisses on the cheek until I would look her direction.  She found it to be a great game and only left my side a couple of minutes ago, when she finally figured out that I was not giving her anymore of that popcorn.

When I make my taco seasoning popcorn in a couple of minutes I will let her have more popcorn, if she joins us in the living room and stops hiding under the bed.

She really is just too cute for her own good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment