A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Movie Day

Today was a movie day, since I had several movies from Netflix and the Library to get through.  My limit ended up 3 movies and then I was ready for regular TV again.

The first movie was a movie called Racing Daylight.  It is a movie that is comprised of three short films (Sadie, Edmund, and Henry).  Edmund's was my favorite of the short films.  The film is about time colliding and the three main characters are caught in it.  While the movie was a little weird, I actually like it.  It was not very long either which made it a easy movie to just sit down and watch, without getting distracted and finding chores to do instead.



The next movie was The Paint Veil.  I added this movie to my Netflix list months ago but it kept getting pushed farther down the list.  While at the library 2 weeks ago I spotted it on a shelf and checked it out.  I was not paying a ton of attention at the beginning because I was playing Castleville on Facebook but once I started paying attention I really loved it.  It is based on a book with the same name and is about a woman that has a affair shortly after marrying a scientist.  When her husband finds out he decides they are going to move to a town in Asia being ravaged by cholera.  It is pretty much a love story.


The last movie was called The Curse of the Golden Flower.  I like foreign films from a variety of different countries and reading subtitles has never bothered me, but this time they did.  I had started to get a bad migraine towards the end of the previous movie and it became fierce during the first half of this movie.  Some how I was able to keep paying attention and about half way through the migraine was fading and I could focus on the movie.  While the story is not very thrilling, it was beautifully made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment