A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Meeting the Pioneer Woman

This weekend I headed up to Denton to watch my sister receive a reward and go to the Pioneer Woman book signing.  My sister graciously waited in line with me despite not know who the Pioneer Woman was at all.  My parents patiently waited in the food court area the entire time as well. We had some awesome people in front of us that made the time go by a little quicker.  We finally made it to the signing section 4.5 hours after we got into line, but it was worth it to meet a author of which I am a huge fan.   My sister took the pictures while my 3 books were signed.







She is probably the nicest person I have ever met and to top off the wonderful day my family went to see the Hunger Games after we left the signing.  We saw it at a theater that has cinema suites which is a theater with lazy boy type chairs.  After being on my feet all day at the signing those seats were a dream come true and the movie was awesome.  I cannot wait to start reading the books tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment