A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cooking Short Cuts

Cooking when your single is very difficult and one of the ways I have gotten around the task through the years, is to find short cuts.

Today I am going to do my quick but delicious breakfast.  Recently I have been trying to add lots of protein to my diet and breakfast is the best way I am able to add it.  I also like to make breakfast for dinner and lunch so it works easily. 

I use to just scramble eggs in the pan and had some cheese, salt and pepper but I recently expanded on that by adding some of the cream I buy for my coffee.  I also had a tablespoon of butter right before I take the eggs out of the skillet.  I mix it all together in the skillet on medium low and then place it on a plate.

One of my all-time favorite breakfast meats is a slice of ham.  However finding a small ham is not easy and I usually end up throwing out or freezing most of the ham.  Recently I have discovered Oscar Meyer's Carving Board Ham.  It is in the deli meats section and it is not a huge amount in each container.  I did not think it was seasoned enough though so before I put the eggs in the skillet I spread honey and brown sugar over a slice of two of ham and let it sit till the eggs are done.  After the eggs are done I put a tablespoon of butter in the skillet and once it melts I place the ham in the skillet with the seasoned side down.  I keep the stove on medium low and let it sit there for a couple of minutes and then I turn it. 

In the end I have beautiful fluffy scrambled eggs and a couple of small slices of honey ham.  Fast and yummy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment