A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Park Pictures-Plants

Everything in the park is beautiful and green.  After the drought last summer it is so refreshing to be around that much green.   It may make me sneeze but it is still wonderful.

These little yellow flowers were ALL over the entire park.  Fields and fields of them.


I thought this looked like a crop circle.  The grass was just pushed over in several small circles.  It was not pushed all the way over just about half way. 


I think the little white flowers are my favorite spring flowers.


This little stream goes from a small pond to the large pond and it is Memphis's favorite swimming spot, when I let him jump into the stream.


I thought this tree was cool because it was all green.  Vines were covering all the bark on the tree, I know from a gardening position this is probably harming the tree but it is pretty cool.


A field of the little yellow flowers.


The back of the park, backs up to private property but the fence looks ancient (when you can see it).


The sun was really beating down on us towards the end of the walk.  The dogs did not like stopping anymore, so the next few pictures were taken while I was walking.




On the way out I took a picture of the entrance flower beds, with native plants.


I took this picture really quick while driving, it is the property next to the park which is equally beautiful.  I was trying to get back to a property I passed on the way in where I saw a goat that appeared to be maybe stuck.  I decided I would try to help it on the way back if it had not figured out a way out of the fence, but when I got to the corner two men were helping it figure out a way out of it predicament.  Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, but it is not worth getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment