A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Poco has a new friend

I have been sick for the last two weeks, so I have not been able to go for daily walks in my local park.  Today I felt well enough to take the dogs on a walk, so we left this afternoon.  When I arrived at the park I did not see Poco running to my car like had been the norm for the last couple months and then I noticed a smaller donkey in front of Poco under the shed.  After getting the dogs out we went to greet the new donkey, who was very friendly.  Memphis like always jumped right in there to say hello.


He gave the little donkey tons of kisses and talked to him a bit.  The little guy must be use to dogs and people because he seemed eager for the attention.  He was not in the best condition so I am hoping he was a donkey saved from a less than perfect situation. 


I tried to get his picture but he was not having it and I think he wanted to eat my cell phone. 


 The trail had grass and wild flowers on each side that were almost as tall as I am.  The bluebonnets were just peaking through the grass.  ~Sorry the pictures are not as clear, but I was using my cell phone~



Luckily they mowed the edges during several points in the trail, so I was able to let the dogs wander into the grass a little bit. 


The old trees in the orchard are finally started to get their leaves and vines were covering most of the trees (though in most cases it is poison oak, but it still looks pretty).


Our walk was around 1:00PM and it was pretty humid today, so the dogs were VERY tired from the walk and ready to head home.  Tomorrow I think we will need to head out a little earlier.



On the way out I took a picture of the pretty poppies that are blooming all over town.


~~I hope and pray all my family and friends in the Dallas area are safe from the severe storms and tornadoes today.~~  

No comments:

Post a Comment