A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Peaceful Day

Today has been such a peaceful day and it started with my very annoying alarm clock.  My alarm rang with my play list and I slept through the short list until the alarm had to ring and the alarm does not shut off for one hour after it starts. 

This morning was the first time in ages I had nothing I could think of that needed done.  I had done all my chores over the weekend.  I had written several pages for my journal and done my grocery shopping.  TV and reading did not sound like fun, so instead I went to see The Hunger Games for the third time.  I had to run by the post office first, so I made it 5 minutes before showtime.  However just like the last time I saw it the theater seemed to forget to start the film and we had a blank screen for 10 minutes.  The movie was once again fantastic and with very few people in the the ENTIRE movie theater (there were less cars in the parking lot than movies showing), it was very quiet as well. 

When the movie let out it felt so nice outside that I ran home and picked up the dogs and went for a evening walk in the local park.  Only a couple of people were in the park and it was nice and cool.  I could not have had a better evening.  I had plenty of time to walk and dream.  When I got home I was still not ready to go inside, so despite the mosquitoes I went and hung out in my backyard with the dogs.

The sunset was beautiful even seeing it above a privacy fence and rooftops.  I know they are a bit grainy but I was using my cell.






Vegas was having fun having me hang out outside with her.




Of course the second Memphis wants to play, she went under the hammock to play.



It was time to go inside when the pictures started to get really dark and the dogs were more worried about guarding me than playing.  Memphis especially tends to like to stand guard in the evenings and watch out for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment