A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Problem with being a Book Lover

I have loved reading since I was very young and during college I read at least one book every day.  I tend to read books that have a happy ending but I read a variety of books.  However storing those books is a bit of a problem.  I tend to like to read books multiple times so I own a lot of books.  I tend to compare myself to Rory from Gilmore Girls because I have books stored in nearly every room in my house.  I have a system and I know where to find each book in my house but they are in my office, kitchen, guest room, and they use to be in my master closet.  Friday, I picked up a small bookshelf from my great aunt's old house (she is in assisted living) and I moved it to my office so that I could take the books off one spot (my coke collection in now stretched out in that spot).  I had more room on it than I thought so I got all the books out of my master closet and added them to the shelf.  I did go through them and remove books I knew I would not read again.  The books on the top and shelved in front of other books are books I have not read yet (some I have owned for years).  I have a ereader so I have not bought many paper books in recent years so the collection should not grow much more.    Again this is not all of them on top of my personal collection I also have a huge collection for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment