A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

Today while walking my dogs in one of the many local parks (I chose my favorite, because it is quiet and I always see cool things) we were enjoying the solitude.  One worker was mowing on the far side but that was the only other person in the park.  We greeted the park Donkey and then headed out.  Now during the last few weeks I have seen one particular turtle (at least I think it is the same turtle).  He is a good size turtle, probably about a foot long and he is usually close to the trail so the dogs have met him as well.

Here is some pictures of him.

Here he is hanging out on the side of the pond.


Here he is hanging out in the middle of the trail.

And then today I saw him out in the middle of the pond, so I thought "Guess we wont be seeing anymore turtles today."  I started crossing the long park bridge and Memphis was so excited to go watch the water flow over the rocks, so we ran to his favortie spot and this HUGE turtle was sitting in among the rocks.  He was probably at least 2 feet long and a foot wide.  Easily as big as my Westie, Vegas.  In the second picture if you look closely you can even see his VERY long tail.  I wish I has my better camera, because he was not even trying to hide, he was almost posing.  


By the way that dogs did not even notice he was there.  Silly Pups!!

No comments:

Post a Comment