A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lazy Lazy Saturday

I had so much I wanted to get done today, since I am babysitting tomorrow. 

I had plans.

I was going to clean the office, finally wash the sheets on the guest bed, clean the kitchen, wash the rugs, clean off the dining room table, and of course make it through the (way too many) movies from the library. 

What I didn't anticipate was that my bad cold would make a return and after taking cold medicine at one in the morning, I would also be sleeping in this morning.  I set three alarms and I can only sort of remember the 3rd alarm.  My pups did not even attempt to wake me up. 

So after getting a late start to begin with, I also broke my routine and did none of my morning tasks.  The main reason I never got around to my morning tasks was that my tub faucet was leaking and I was searching the web to see if there was a quick and easy way to fix it.  Turns out there is not one, but there was a way to quiet the sound.

By the time I had that taken care of, I decided to just start work on the pile of movies I checked out from the library.  Two of which were due soon. 

First up was Red Riding Hood.  I saw this movie at the theater with my sister and never could decide how much I liked it.  The whole movie you are making guesses at who is the wolf and that makes it a little difficult to focus on the rest of the story.  I thought the second time would be better, but I forgot who the wolf was and ended up spending most the movie trying to figure it out again.

The second movie was the British film, Hot Fuzz.  All I can say about this movie is, "WOW!"  It is a interesting movie, full of scenes that make you say, "Did that just happen?"  I have no idea whether or not I liked it because it was so strange and it is nothing about it being British humor.  I love British shows and movies.  I went through a phase a couple months ago where I watched every single episode of Are You Being Served?   It was just this movie that was strange.  I did love seeing all the Harry Potter people in it though.

The third movie was a movie I had from netflix,  Crazy, Stupid, Love.  I saw this movie before with my mom but since we came in as it was starting, I always felt like I never got the chance to relax and enjoy it.  It is a really cute movie and I love how it is filled with surprises.

So the day was a really lazy day, until 7:00PM when I suddenly decided to go through the stack of papers on my dining table and file them.  Then that prompted me to clean my office. 

So at the end of the day, I did very little from my list, but I am still proud because the stack of papers is filed and my desk is clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment