A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

The days are getting brighter

After I found out I was in a Reduction in Force or RIF (my second in 3 years) I was heartbroken and horribly depressed.  I let fear rule my life over the next several months.  I was living with the fear of what happens if I don't have a job when school starts...by Thanksgiving....by the end of the semester...by the start of the next semester.  However in January it hit me, that I was still surviving, so why was I so worried.  It is amazing the weight that is lifted off your shoulders when you finally learn to just let go.  Now I won't lie to you, when bill paying time comes around, I still stress about money but I am no longer afraid of what is to come or that things may not work out like I expected them too.

I have always been a eternal optimist and I know that a better future is just around the corner.  I also realized this past fall that I needed to stop putting things off.  I was often saying "When I have a job, I will (fill in the blank)" but by September I wondered what was keeping me from getting things done.  I started filling my days with projects.  I started to utilize my local library and began to read books I never thought to read.  I also started to watch British television (luckily someone at the local library is also a fan, so I had lots of choices).  I even went out and got a couple more certifications, bringing the number to five. 

I believe fate leads us to the places we need to be and to the things we need to be doing.  I had forgotten about this blog after the RIF and was not sure I even wanted to look at it again.  But thanks to my sudden interest in the Pioneer Woman blog, I started to think about this blog.  I started it just over a year ago, and I feel ready to actually make something of it.  The days really are getting brighter and my spirit is lighter.  I look forward to the future whatever that may be, because I know that no matter what it is going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment