A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Monday, February 27, 2012

The end of this chapter in life

Things have been going really well the last couple days and I have been in a great mood.  I had this feeling that things would be changing soon and while nothing has been huge, it is the little things that count.



1.  Last night the little girl I have been babysitting for the last 2 years said my name for the first time (she is 2yrs old).  Both her parents had been working with her on my name and I got to hear it often last night.  It was so adorable, that I am going to have to catch her saying it on film.  I want to remember that forever.  Even her mom said that she said my name cuter than she said anyone else's name.  When I started babysitting her and her older sister, she was 2 months old and her sister was 2 years old.  I feel blessed that I have gotten to see so many of their milestones over the last 2 years.  I can remember the first time her sister said my name as well.



2.  My cat begged for some of my dinner tonight.  It was fried chicken and now she is running around like she is high on catnip.  Her eyes are dilated and she is chasing invisible things.  I guess I can add fried chicken to her list of foods she LOVES.  Arby's roast beef, Starbucks whipped cream, Cooper's barbeque, and French fries are already on the list.   Now this may not see like a huge deal but it really was, Lacy (my cat) has not felt comfortable enough being near the dogs for the last (nearly) 5 years.  She sat on one side and my 2 dogs sat on the other.  She bit my finger she was so excited for a treat. 



3.  Today I woke up REALLY late (the sun never came out, so I kept sleeping) so I had a late start today and I thought my day may not go well because of that.  I had to visit the library to return some DVDs and pick up some I reserved so I decided to bring my journal to write as well.  ~~I figured since I would have to get dressed and put of make-up I might as well stay out awhile. ~~  I only had a couple pages until I reached the end of this journal and I was really excited, because I considered the end of the journal the close on this chapter of my life.  I started the journal in March of 2008.  Since then I have (in no particular order):



n      Moved 3 times

n      Taught in 3 districts

n      Learned to trust my instincts about relationships

n      Adopted a second dog

n      Got a fish, Vino (beta)

n      Been placed in a Substitute Pool

n      Been in a Reduction in Force

n      Bought a house

n      Discovered a love of the BBC

n      Watched my sister graduate from college

n      Started babysitting again

n      Taught over 700 students

n      Taught 36 different classes

n      Read hundreds of books

n      Bought two different ebook readers

n      Went off my parents’ cell phone plan

n      Lost a uncle

n      Gained 4 more little cousins

n      Lost our big dog Milo

n      Lost my baby brother (our 17 year old poodle), Dusty

n      Lost our two outside cats

n      Gained and Lost weight

n      Gotten four more certifications

n      Read the Harry Potter Series and Twilight Series

n      Participated in Potter-A-Thon at the Alamo Draft House

n      Helped host a family reunion

n      Learned to take care of my own yard

n      Watched the milestones of several kids I babysit

n      Finally saw A Tuna Christmas

n      Finally visited The American Girl Store  (AMAZING)

n      Saw Harry Potter 7 Part II nine times in the theater

n      Gone through a phase of burning everything I cooked

n      Become a Wiccan for the second time in my life and then changing my mind again

n      Begin practicing divination, just for fun

n      Danced my butt off to Just Dance 1/2/3 with my sister

n      Started to write my first book

n      Learned to change the oil on my car

n      Learn to install light fixtures

n      Learned to replace electrical sockets

n      Learned to replace the faucet

n      Seen a (evil) snake eat a dove in my front yard (that one still freaks me out)

n      Had my house broken into (that one changes you, those ADT commercials don’t lie)

n      Helped Vegas go from being terrified to go on a walk to taking daily walks in the park

n      Gone from Loving the city to wanting nothing more than to live in the country

n      And probably lots more but I am drawing a blank at this moment.


I have kept a journal since I was in elementary school and I still have all of them.  It helps me look back and remember the good times and the bad.  I may not write in it every day and sometimes I have not written a months but it is still important to me.  I am ready to start my new journal tomorrow (a nice leather bound one I came across a couple of weeks ago) and I hope to fill it with tons of wonderful experiences to go with this next chapter in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment