A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Princess Lacy

I have had my cat, Lacy since I was 19 (I'm 27 now) and while I was in college she was very affectionate.  She slept beside me every night or sat beside me on the couch.  She also had a habit of stealing food from my plate (she would place her paw on the plate and slide food to the edge).  Nearly 5 years ago I adopted my first dog and the 1.5 years later I adopted the second dog.  Lacy hates the dogs.  My male dog, Memphis, has the habit of chasing her off if she comes near me and the female dog, Vegas, use to attack her when I would pick her up.  This has resulted in her staying in bed most the day, and only moving for food.

Since moving to my current house a couple years ago, Lacy has lost weight and has started to feel confident enough to move around my home, but she still hardly ever gets on my bed and or the couch. 

Last night she had her chance, the pups were sleeping in the guest room and my bedroom, so she could actually sit beside me.  It was like I was 19 again, in my tiny studio apartment, while Lacy curled up beside me.  Suddenly she talked one too many times and Memphis ran into the living room and used his body to make her so uncomfortable (something he does with most animals when he wants them to move) she crossed the end table to get back to her bed.

It was nice while it lasted.  It was nice remembering the simple times when it was just Lacy and I in my little apartment, with only making it to class to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment