A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Friday, February 24, 2012

One way I have been keeping busy...

My sister is always asking me what I do with my time.  Well I can tell you one part and that is dealing with a internet device that likes to shut itself off and on.  It makes doing even simple tasks online, take twice as long.  Today I have finally made some progress in getting this device to work.  After a attempt for it to be fixed over the phone and once more in the store, I took it back in today and someone finally listened to what I was saying. 

It is so nice to be heard.

 Right now I am having to use my old device, which was also not working until I finally just talked to someone on the phone and they had the problem fixed in 2 minutes.  I feel like I can finally take care of tasks I have been putting off because I never knew if my internet would keep the connection through the task.  The freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One A Side Note~~~~The weirdest thing happened after I left the mobile phone store though.  There I was surrounded my tons of my favorite stores.  I have always loved shopping, but have cut back since the RIF.  I left the store and got in my car and thought about heading to some of my old favorites and it hit me.  I did not want to go shopping, I wanted to head to the library and work on my book that I am writing.  It was so weird, but it felt fantastic.  I think I am finally breaking that bad shopping habit.~~

No comments:

Post a Comment