A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Feeling Down

I have been feeling out of sorts for the last week or so, which has lead to days where I feel really down.  I am normally very optimistic and live by fate, so I am rarely depressed.  I am not sure what is causing it, but I have come up with a bit of list.

1.  Had my plans worked out I would be spending some of the summer in Scotland, now I have no idea when that will happen

2. I sprained my toe at the beginning of the month and then every weekend after I have done something to make it worse.  I finally cracked and took a painkiller Monday and I am feeling tons better.  However since I have been resting, I have not been able to do anything active. No walks, no Just Dance, just reading, surfing the net, and watching movies.

3. I am once again spending the summer searching for a teacher position.  Since graduation I have only had one summer where I did not have to look for work. 

4. I am not a fan of summer, it is hot and since I live in Texas is never seems to rain.  I wish I had a pool I would spend the whole summer swimming.

5. I have not been babysitting as often as I was during the Spring.  Right now I am lucky to have one job a week, which means I go long stretches with only myself (and my pets) for company.

6. Finances (enough said)

Other things come up and I am constantly thinking about possible futures.  Anything could happen, which is both scary and exciting.   I have been reading and watching movies like crazy as a way of distracting myself.  Sometimes it works great and sometimes it does not work at all. 

For example, last night I had tons of nervous energy but with my toe I could not do anything active to take care of it.  I was suppose to babysit but it was cancelled last minute and since I was already dressed and ready to go I went to see Rock of Ages at the local theater.  It was a great movie and it distracted me momentarily with the great toe tapping music.  However the second it was over the nervous energy was back so I decided to rent a couple movies to watch a home.  I chose to watch Journey 2 for the third time and Footloose.  Since I was already familiar with Journey 2 it did not help at all (and I adore Josh Hutcherson, so it should have worked) but Footloose did help some, at least for awhile. 

I thought I was doing pretty good today, I was happy and looking forward to a afternoon spent at the library but the second I started a job search the down feeling came back full force. 

I can't wait for my toe to heal so I can go back to exercising and taking the dogs on walks.  I am pretty sure that would help me the most but who knows how much longer until it heals.

No comments:

Post a Comment