A Bit About Myself



I started this blog in order to document my trip to Scotland
but shortly after starting the blog I lost my job in a reduction in force.
This blog then served to keep me sane during my 1+ year of unemployment.
I have had a job since August, which I have enjoyed very much but I have missed blogging,
so it is time to start up again.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

I was a huge fan of the original rangers back when I was a pre-teen.  However when I started watching the original rangers, the series had already moved on to the Power Rangers Zeo (almost Turbo).  I had never seen all the original episodes in order so when I discovered that they were available on Netflix I decided to watch all the original episodes through the pink ranger leaving (I was not a fan of the 2nd pink ranger).  I am on Season 2 right now and they just transferred the yellow, black, and red ranger powers.  I had read that there was a contract dispute going on with the original red, black, and yellow rangers at that time, which was the reason they left.  I did not know that the show did not have them on and tried to cover up that they were not there.  It is pretty funny how bad they covered up that three cast members were missing.  They showed lots of backs of the "cast" members, old footage and sound bites, and one where they were silhouetted by the sunset.  I think they had a couple people mimic a couple of the ranger voices as well and it was pretty bad.  I love the show and how corny it is, but the few episodes while this was going on really take the cake.  They are sooooo extremely corny. 

Of course the main reason I watched the show was because I adored Jason David Frank and Tommy and Kimberley's relationship, which is still in the episodes at least.  I am guessing they learned their lesson cause I don't think that happened much again at least not for that many episodes.

I have had about 6 episodes play today while I do house work and that is about my limit, so I am moving on to Easy A.

No comments:

Post a Comment